EnCompass LLC is currently seeking an Instructional Technology Specialist under the Demographic and Health Surveys Program. The Instructional Technology Specialist works as an integral part of a collaborative professional and organizational development team to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate DHS’ training courses and organizational development activities s/he advises DHS staff on instructional design best practices and the use of educational technologies, including course platforms, e-learning courses, videos, and other learning products, with a focus on incorporating a variety of media and learning methods to create an effective learning environment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior CS Advisor with expanding the DHS distance-learning portfolio, including developing and implementing, monitoring and evaluating of diverse technology-based delivery systems, digital curricula, blended learning, and virtual learning.
- Advise on instructional design best practices and implementation of blended learning for DHS HQ and field activities including identifying and implementing innovative technologies and approaches to professional and organizational development.
- Support virtual capacity strengthening courses offered through DHS, including consultant coordination, reviewing, and editing training materials, external communications, knowledge management, and course facilitation.
- Support design and implementation of virtual learning opportunities, including webinars, e-learning courses, videos, animations, and e-games.
- Serve as point person for Adobe Connect training sessions and webinars – upload course materials, collaborate with instructors and presenters.
- Collaborate strategically with team members on cross-functional training approaches to best serve the client’s needs.
- Serve as an active member of the capacity strengthening team, contributing to planning training activities, monitoring and evaluation, and communicating successes and lessons learned through report writing, meeting preparation, and other digital and print communications products.
- Train and facilitates for professional and organizational development events/activities as needed.
- Respond to on-demand requests that focus on curriculum development, the use of technology, or communications skills.
- Engages fully as a member of both DHS and EnCompass teams, including participating in staff meetings and other events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in learning coordination, operations, and/or system administration
- Degree in Instructional Design and Technology or related field.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in Instructional design in an adult learning/international development context with a focus on blended learning. Experienced in e-learning design and development, multimedia production, LMS administration, webinar production, and face-to-face facilitation.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or the operations of public health organizations preferable.
- Exceptional presentation, communication (verbal and written), facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Certifications in facilitation, organizational development and/or coaching preferable.
- Proficient with Articulate Storyline 2 and/or Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere and InDesign, and LMS and CMS administration.
- Strong experience using Adobe Photoshop for graphics editing
- Experience writing short technical reports
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in French or Spanish is preferred
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.