Job DescriptionPosition Description
EnCompass LLC seeks an Instructional Technology Specialist II to support the USAID Global Health Professional and Organizational Development Program II (GHPOD II) in providing innovative approaches to the design, production, and upkeep of e-learning courses, animated videos, and course platforms, and other learning products. Additionally, the Instructional Technology Specialist II will support facilitators by serving as an expert producer for virtual training deliveries. The Instructional Technology Specialist II can work virtually with occasional travel to Washington, DC.
The Instructional Technology Specialist II will work with a diverse team of instructional designers, subject-matter experts, video production leads, animators, and graphic designers to plan and develop professional-standard interactive learning materials using a range of authoring tools.
This is a fixed-term employment role ending on August 31, 2021.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
This position is expected to be remote till April 1st 2021
- Work directly with client subject-matter experts to define learning objectives, select content, identify effective delivery methods, and design and develop technology-enhanced learning solutions
- Lead the instructional design process of technology-enhanced learning solutions, including the development of design documents, macro designs, and storyboards
- Develop e-tools, e-learning courses, and videos using creative adult-learning and evidence-based approaches
- Manage the production process of technology-enhanced learning solutions, including the production of mock-up samples for client approval and multiple rounds of deliverables for client feedback
- Ensure all technology-enhanced learning solutions are inclusive to a global and diverse audience, including making products 508 compliant
- Create infographics, videos, audio voiceover, interactive simulation, creative text, and animated learning solutions
- Routinely serve as a virtual producer for GHPOD II virtual training deliveries, providing expert behind the scenes support to the facilitators on such platforms such as Adobe Connect and Zoom to ensure a seamless delivery
- Foster a culture of blended and virtual learning with clients and internal teams
- Contribute expertise and innovative approaches; bring leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to instructional technology
- Manage vendors or consultants, ensuring that they remain on budget and on time in delivering expected materials
- Commission and manage additional internal or external resources as required to ensure cost-effective and compliant delivery of activities
- Effectively communicate project deliverables to clients, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Support with the administration of the Global Health E-Learning Center course platform
- Support the administration of course announcements and participant rosters in the USAID LMS
- Support with the administration of evaluations and the updating of trackers
- Engage fully as a member of the GHPOD II team and EnCompass, including participating in team meetings and company staff meetings/events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field + 12 Years’ Experience or a Master’s degree in a relevant field + 10 Years’ Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and delivering e-learning programs
Experience and Skills
- Experience in e-learning design and development, multimedia production, production of live virtual deliveries, and LMS administration
- Strong proficiency in Articulate Storyline 360 and/or Adobe Captivate, Articulate Rise, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere and InDesign, Adobe Connect, Zoom, and LMS and CMS administration00
- Strong experience using motion graphics animation software (e.g., Adobe After Effects or Vyond) and proficiency in 2D or whiteboard animation highly desirable
- Understanding of e-learning standards (SCORM), accessibility guidelines (508), and ability to create e-learning modules to client needs
- Excellent visual design skills with an eye for page layout and graphical styles, and ability to create images and graphics that support and enhance learning content; strong experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or other software for graphics editing
- Data analytics and visualization experience desirable
- Knowledge of the principles of adult learning and instructional design
- Ability to work in an appreciative and collaborative environment
- Curiosity and eagerness to self-learn new software and tech tools
- Adeptness at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions
- Committed to providing the highest level of client service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results
- Experience in the field of international development and/or working with multi-cultural environments preferable. Large donor experience beneficial (USAID, DFID, UN etc.).
- Experience developing and delivery e-Learning products in the public health sector beneficial
- Fluency in English required; fluency in language(s) other than English and experience working overseas preferable
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, Office 365, Sharepoint, Teams, and G Suite
How to Apply
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.