Under the supervision of the WFP National Nutrition Officer, the specialist will provide technical assistance to MINEDU for the dissemination and implementation of the PEAI on Healthy Eating aligned to the National Basic Education Curriculum, the environmental focus of the National Policy on Environmental Education and the Policy. Healthy Eating.
It will provide technical assistance and support to the territorial teams in the WFP intervention zones (Piura, Ancash and Callao) and specialists from local counterparts for the proper planning, coordination, implementation of the PEAI in Healthy Eating and monitoring of progress; looking for its articulation with the national level and in the context of the emergency of COVID 19.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Facilitate the operational validation process of the PEAI guide on Healthy Eating from the implementation in WFP intervention areas and make the necessary adjustments to make it the official document of MINEDU.
- Carry out a quick situational analysis of educational institutions in the intervention areas of the WFP to identify learning needs (emotional health, physical health, healthy eating and / or family economy), characterize them based on the number of teachers, existence of interventions or projects of the MINEDU / Regional Directorate of Education, agreements or alliances with local institutions for intervention in educational institutions or focused for evaluation of the MINEDU, among others.
- In coordination with the field offices, prepare the intervention proposal in each territory, considering the particularities of each one and the situation of the COVID 19 emergency.
- Develop the monitoring and follow-up plan including the key indicators of the process, in coordination with the office’s monitoring and evaluation area and technical monitoring assistants and project coordinators.
- With the technical support of the Nutrition Unit, the territorial teams of the WFP and the MINEDU, coordinate with the counterparts of the territory to start the implementation of the PEAI in Healthy Eating, with emphasis on the formation, follow-up and monitoring of the GIAs.
- Train and provide technical assistance in the structure of the PEAI in healthy eating and the route for the implementation of the GIA to strengthen remote pediatric work to the field teams of the field offices and to the partners that will be part of the intervention.
OTHER KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the development of guides, guidelines or technical content related to the implementation of the PEAI and strengthening of the GIA.
- In coordination with SO1 and the field teams, the development of the communication products necessary for the implementation of the PEAI.
- Develop the instruments to identify educational institutions whose characteristics allow replicating the implementation strategy of the PEAI in the areas of intervention of the project.
- Develop the design and methodology of the workshops and dialogue meetings to be developed (Contents, Methodology, Workshop Schedule) with DRE, UGEL and IE.
- Formulate the training strategy for the IIEE (teachers) in the implementation of the PEAI in the COVID context 19. Develop the methodological guides in accordance with the reality of the project intervention areas for the execution of the PEAI activities.
- Carry out advocacy and advocacy actions together with the field teams and the SO2 area at the national level with the counterparts, to promote the development of integrated environmental educational projects for Healthy Eating.
MORE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review the technical documents and / or legal devices of the MINEDU, MINSA or others that facilitate the implementation of the PEAI in Healthy Eating. Under the context of covid19
- Support the organization of meetings and technical work events for training on the PEAI in Healthy Eating in coordination with the MINEDU and the WFP.
- Participation in technical meetings at national and regional level, as required.
- Preparation of technical reports on implementation progress.
- Other activities that are required by the WFP Representative.
- Critical and reflective analysis skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relational skills.
- Good command of MS Office computer tools.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must be Peruvian nationals.
- Professional Graduate in Education.
- Training or experience in the implementation of the National Basic Education Curriculum of at least 3 years.
- Experience in the development of Integrated Environmental Educational Projects.
- Knowledge of the public management of the MINEDU.
- Basic knowledge of the English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Minimum pedagogical experience of 5 years.
- Experience in Environmental Education or Environmental Management or Sustainable Development of at least 2 years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Service Contract (SC) of the World Food Program for 6 months, with the possibility of renewal. The salary level on the United Nations National Scale is equivalent to SB3 = SC6.
- People hired under SC are considered independent contractors and must provide receipts for fees for payment of their services.
- The fees received by the holders of these contracts are not exempt from personal income tax and, therefore, it is the responsibility of the contracted party to pay to the national authorities the taxes imposed on their professional fees, as well as the corresponding payment to the pensions of your choice. WFP is an international body, it does not act as a withholding agent.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this vacancy is July 05, 2020, through the WFP e-recruitment platform.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only candidates classified on the short list will be contacted.
DEADLINE: July 5, 2020