World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Integrated Programs and Strategy Director, you will provide overall leadership and technical oversight in:
- Strategy development, review, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Design, monitoring, evaluation, Learning and accountability of World Vision Burundi’s (WVB’s) sponsorship, non-sponsorship, grant, GIK programs/ projects.
- Programs, Project Management and Implementation of all programs and projects and ensure compliance with World Vision Mission, Vision, Core Values and Partnership standards in Transformational Development, Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA), and Advocacy.
- Disaster and Risk Management of all WVB-supported programs.
- Quality assurance and impact in programs through application of innovation and good practices, provision of monitoring tools, capacity building and management.
- Developing and implementing strategy for resource diversification and growth in WVB and; enhance the capacity of WVB to acquire and efficiently.
- Post graduate university degree in social sciences or development studies.
- At least 5 years senior leadership experience with a strong track record in grant acquisition/management, strategy, operations, quality assurance and DME in an International Non-Profit organization in conflict and fragile countries.
- 5 years in SLT roles in operations and/or Quality Assurance.
- Strong experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge/practice of Design Monitoring and Evaluation approaches.
- Strong competency in proposal writing.
- Strong command of English and French (written and oral).
- Experience in implementing projects and programmes in the field.
- Domestic Travel: 20% Regular internal travel to project areas is required. International Travel: 30% international travel will be required.
- On call: 10% In emergency and disaster situations, the position will be required to be on-call.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 MAY 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.