RTI International is seeking Integration Specialist candidates for an USAID-funded program to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information through integration of data systems and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making. The program will work with host country health managers, health workers and other stakeholders to strengthen the enabling environment of health information management and strategic planning to improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection and improve monitoring and tracking of a country’s own health trends and priorities. The Integration Specialist will lead information systems/data integration and harmonization strategy activities, promoting interoperability of existing information systems. They will support host country partners in the design and implementation of common requirements and specifications for systems, guidelines and regulations and build capacity of host country partners to identify, select, and integrate (as needed) appropriate digital health platforms at national and subnational levels.Responsibilities:
The Successful candidate will work with target country governments to:
- Design and develop the HIS integration framework that aggregates HIV/AIDs, reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health (RMNCH) and other health data from a variety of sources.
- Lead activities to integrate and coordinate digital health systems, as well as surveillance and programmatic data analyses to support decision-making for planning and policy needs, including cataloguing, reviewing, and tracking of health-related data available in country.
- Provide strategic technical leadership in selecting digital health solutions (technologies and standards) that are appropriate and locally sustainable to project identified contexts.
- Build host country capacity in interoperability and integration of information systems.
- Support and strengthen the capacity of the MOHs, implementing partners and other partner public health institutions to continue to develop, maintain, and use information systems that can share data across databases as per adopted National HIS integration framework.
- Interface frequently with senior members of the MOH to solicit data and system requirements, build support and buy-in for systems, and advocate for project goals.
- Conduct requirements gathering for HIS integration framework design and composition with the focus on users’ requirements for reporting, analysis and use.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure data quality and security, legal, and regulatory compliance with national standards.
- Develop and implement electronic data exchange standards from patient- to aggregate-level data systems.
- Develop and implement data marts for key health program areas and services.
- Design and develop robust data visualization solutions.
- Master’s degree in information systems, ICT systems/business analysis or business and management.
- At least 14 years demonstrated experience in healthcare-related enterprise architecture, interoperability frameworks, and/or interoperability standards for U.S. Government-funded projects, other internationally funded programs, NGOs, or private sector.
- Knowledgeable in the principals for Digital Development.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data warehouse principles and technology.
- Knowledge of standards in health information exchange architecture such as OpenHIE, especially interoperability solutions.
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modeling.
- Experience with key open sources technologies/digital health global goods currently being used in the global heath informatics sector such as DHIS2.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Knowledge of DHIS 2 data structures, analytics, data visualization, data import/export capabilities, and API desired.
- Familiarity with the Principles for Digital Development (https://digitalprinciples.org/), a set of 9 principles that are USAID-endorsed best practices for applying digital technologies to development programs.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Experience developing data warehouse standard operating policies and procedures.
- Experience with information systems organizational development including capacity building plans, and job description development.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer technical skills through mentoring.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Experience in large scale government health, education, or governance systems analysis with a strong focus on business process assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas.