PYXERA Global seeks highly motivated undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate interns to work 25-40 hours per week at our headquarters office in Washington, DC. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to work at an international NGO with a focus on Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, and a new approach to international development.
This position offers interns the chance to experience and work across multiple job functions and with different divisions. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced office environment, especially in a programmatic, research, or administrative capacity. The intern must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong written and communication skills.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern is responsible for supporting the Strategic Initiatives and Public Affairs departments with business development activities, social media, event attendance, and conducting research. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Salesforce and Business Development Integration
Data Migration and Organization
- Explore methods and tools for moving current mailing list to Salesforce
- Ensure contacts are entered into Salesforce and appropriately linked
- Create list segments of all contacts for more strategic communications
- Ensure timely delivery of speaking engagement items to event organizers
- Attend industry events in DC and prepare a debrief for staff.
- Create content for social media related to events, media partnerships, and client partnerships
- Social Listening
- Research relevant articles and materials on sector specific topics
- Assist with admin tasks such as expense reports, database, updates, etc.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Pursuing or holds a Bachelor’s or pursuing a Master’s degree in Sustainability, business, Marketing, Corporate Responsibility, International Relations, Economic Development, or related field.
• High level of computer literacy, and Salesforce and SharePoint experience, highly desirable
• Experience creating content representing an organization on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram a plus
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
• Strong oral, written, and communication skills
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to work both independently and as a member of a team to meet departmental needs
• Ability to manage diverse activities and supervisors, meet competing deadlines, and have flexibility in changing situations and priorities
• Availability to start as soon as possible
Please email a resume, cover letter, a sample of your writing (no more than 3 pages), and if available, social media examples to Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org. Applications without a writing sample, resume, or cover letter will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “Spring Intern, Business Development”.
We will contact only short-listed candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/