New Business Development
Tracking and Reporting: (15%)
- Track donor websites and identify opportunities addressing ID’s areas of expertise;
- Research, track, compare, and evaluate different funding opportunities in ID’s core areas;
- Manage data entry in Salesforce for new business contacts;
- Schedule proposal team meetings, take notes, and keep proposal teams informed of progress and deadlines working with proposal leads;
Reconnaissance, networking and relationship building: (15%)
- Prepare teaming agreements with partners;
- Conduct secondary research and synthesize data for the formulation of new business development;
- Organize and document meetings with NGOs, private sector organizations, local government representatives, and funders to formulate strategies, priorities, and key influencers.
Technical Assessments, Project Design and Proposal Development (40%)
- In direct collaboration with the Proposal Lead, coordinate proposal teams and processes;
- Develop and track capture and proposal budgets, prepare monthly spending updates;
- Liaise with proposal partners, and participate in partnering negotiations;
- Organize design session and participant logistics;
- Develop and manage proposal calendar, and manage on-time proposal inputs by team members;
- Manage and review proposal inputs and outputs of sub-partners;
- Assist with the production of selected sections of proposal documents such as past performance references, drafting corporate capability statements and playing other roles, as needed, during proposal development;
- Format proposal documents and coordinate shipping;
- Develop personnel sections, format CVs and write proposal sections;
- Draft scopes of work and prepare consulting agreements for technical consultants;
- Identify, mobilize, and manage delivery of outputs by technical consultants;
- Fill other proposal team roles, including proposal leader, sub-partner relationship building and negotiation, budgeting, and writing and reviewing different proposal sections including technical, management and corporate capabilities;
- Participate in, and when appropriate, lead project design sessions.
General project management (15%)
- Coordinate support from US-based interdepartmental teams to support implementing teams in the field;
- Monitor project budgets and spending, and work with field teams to develop and interpret spending forecasts;
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal Land O’Lakes field staff, department managers and implementing partners;
- In collaboration with Manager, provide administrative and logistical support to facilitate the successful start-up, implementation and close-down of Land O’Lakes Venture37 field programs;
- Support projects to recruit and mobilize technical consultants following Land O’Lakes processes to help achieve programmatic goals;
- Support Human Resource department and field projects with local staffing needs;
- Assist projects to develop, document and implement security plans as well as review and distribute country-specific security information;
- Travel to project field sites, to assist in project start-up, implementation and close-down as requested.
Knowledge Management (10%)
- Organize and maintain project document sites in Land O’Lakes online knowledge management system;
- Liaise with internal departments to facilitate dissemination and use of project information, policies, and processes;
- Ensure proper documentation and inventorying of project information as per donor and Land O’Lakes guidelines;
- Effectively implement donor and Land O’Lakes branding, marketing, reporting, and operating procedures.
- Organize, document, and file the communications, reports, and best practices
Monitoring and Reporting (5%)
- Schedule and coordinate regular (monthly, quarterly) project reviews with overseas and US- based staff;
- Assist Manager to review and monitor project financials against forecast;
- Support Manager and overseas project staff to approve, process and code monthly and vendor invoices following defined financial management processes;
- Support Manager and overseas project staff to process and manage procurements and sub-awards with vendors and implementing partners, respectively;
- Coordinate the submission, including formatting, and editing, of donor reports and organizational deliverables;
- Support Manager and Contracts & Compliance department to ensure projects operate in compliance with donor and Land O’Lakes internal policies and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Intern will report to a Project Design and Implementation Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in International Development, International Affairs, Public Policy, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- At least one year of experience in professional work environment.
- Demonstrated interest in international development issues.
- Demonstrated leadership, ethics, and sound judgment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently, maintain maturity and patience, interpret and implement company policy, and adjust quickly to change in fast-paced, multicultural team environment.
- Very solid skills and experience with MS Office Products with the ability to learn additional software packages.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with global colleagues and partners in multi-country and multi-language settings.
- Developing-country work or volunteer experience and proposal experience a plus.
- Excellent English language writing skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Pursuit of Masters Degree.
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects with an agriculture focus.
- Experience living and working in a developing country.
- French and/or Portuguese language skills.
About the Organization
Since 1981, Land O’Lakes Venture37 has applied an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on Land O'Lakes, Inc.'s nearly 100 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness. We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty. We believe in the value of people and ensuring our work is rooted in honesty, integrity and respect.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, our vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. Since our inception, we have implemented nearly 300 programs and training initiatives in over 80 countries, which have enabled farmers and agribusinesses to become more profitable and to leverage economies of scale through well-functioning cooperatives and producer groups.