Project title: Technical assistance for Institutional capacity building of the Indian Ocean Commission
The overall objective of the institutional capacity building project (INCA) is to contribute to the economic development of Small Island Developing States and promote their regional integration in a sustainable manner.
The specific objective of the INCA project is to build the institutional capacity of the IOC Secretariat and its Member states to implement and monitor the IOC’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The aim is to be able to plan, identify, formulate, manage and evaluate projects and programmes and to comply with the EU 7-pillar assessment in a sustainable manner.
The main expected results to be achieved by the INCA project are, in line with the 11th EDF RIP namely:
- Improved Performance of the IOC Secretariat and its Member States in the implementation of the IOC Strategic Development Plan and its successor plan, including the results-based management tool.
- Enhanced public financial management capacity of the IOC Secretariat to comply with the 7-pillar assessment recommendations.
The purpose of the contract is to support the General Secretariat of the Indian Ocean Commission to achieve the objective and results.
The purpose of the technical assistance is to manage and implement the activities of the programme as described below, in close collaboration with the General Secretariat of the IOC-Indian Ocean Commission and its Member States, under the overall supervision of the EU Delegation, towards fulfilling the objective and expected results of the programme.
Commencement date of the project: Last quarter of the year 2018
Duration of the assignment: 350 working days
Qualifications and skills:
- A Masters degree in audit, accounting or a professional qualification from a recognised institution or an acceptable qualification in a related field or 15 years of relevant professional experience in the field
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal command in English and French is essential;
- Proficient in using standard office software packages, email and internet.
Specialisation in internal audit and/or internal control.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the area of audit at management level;
- At least 5 years’ working experience in capacity building and training.
- Very good knowledge of International Audit Standards (IAS).
Specific professional experience:
- Working experience of at least 2 years in auditing, including the development of internal audit systems and procedure manuals;
- Working experience of at least 2 years in auditing international cooperation funds, preferably EU funds;
- Work experience or direct involvement in the establishment of risk management systems.
- Experience working in an inter-governmental body will be an advantage.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org