Chemonics seeks a short-term internal audit expert for the ongoing USAID Capacity Building Activity (CBA) in Afghanistan. CBA is working to improve the quality of education in Afghanistan by improving transparency and accountability within the Ministry of Education’s administrative systems at the national and subnational levels. This five-year project began in 2017 and has six components: education management information systems, payroll, internal audit, teacher recruitment, resource planning, and civil society oversight. This consultancy will build upon CBA’s work with the Ministry of Education’s Internal Audit Department. In 2018, CBA developed an internal audit manual and toolkit that were approved by the ministry and provided significant on-the-job training and fraud awareness activities. The expected start date for this consultancy is July 15, 2019. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Finalize manual for investigatory internal audits that includes process maps and templates
- Finalize training materials, including:
- Teacher notes and syllabus for investigatory internal audits
- PowerPoint presentation to support the training
- Case studies (minimum of two)
- Quizzes or tests to support the training
- Finalize report including recommendation for further assistance for the Internal Audit Department
- Advanced degree in auditing or relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant technical experience working at the ministerial level on issues related to internal audit
- Direct experience developing, drafting, and implementing internal audits for national governments
- Direct experience assessing and revising ministerial internal audit systems
- Experience in Afghanistan strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English, with proficiency in Dari or Pashto a plus
Please send an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and references to CBArecruit@chemonics.com with “Internal Audit Expert” in the subject line by July 4, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.