Job DescriptionBackground Information - job-specific
The Finance Group (FG) is a critical and strategic business function in UNOPS and serves as an authoritative and integrated partner in the organization on strategic financial planning and budgeting, business strategy and practices, financial analysis and risk assessment, financial management services and long term organisational treasury and investments. As the steward of resources of a self-financing UN entity, FG is accountable for timely cost recovery and reporting to partners, maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial management of resources in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and organisational/international accountability framework and the accurate and transparent financial reporting to governing bodies, clients, partners and stakeholders.
Support production of flowcharts to map key cross-functional processes, such as project delivery, HR, payroll, financial reporting, and IT processes.
- Support production of clear and user-friendly written narratives to explain key steps in UNOPS key cross-functional processes
Help compile and assess data in UNOPS corporate systems to provide trend analysis and oversight on UNOPS risk and controls
Support development of dashboards and reports to enhance visibility on UNOPS risks and controls
Support assessment of appropriateness of UNOPS segregation of duties throughout cross-functional processes, as well as the effective implementation of segregation of duties in UNOPS ERP platform.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required. Candidates must either be pursuing a university degree such as a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. (or equivalent), or have graduated from a university no more than three years prior to applying for the internship
- The preferred candidate would have a degree in or pursuing studies in the areas of auditing, accounting, finance, risk management, and other related areas
- Experience in office software packages (word, power point) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet
- Experience in use of an ERP system is an asset
- Experience in use of SharePoint is an asset
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Intern
Contract duration: 6 months with a possible extension
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
About the Organization
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.