Transtec is currently recruiting a Project Director to be a key player in the Department in charge of managing and implementing large donor-funded projects. As part of the Department, you will have a unique opportunity to implement development projects that engage various stakeholders around innovative solutions that bring lasting impact in the countries in which we operate.
Reporting to the Department Director, the Project Director will have overall responsibility for detailed financial and technical oversight of projects, quality assurance, client and partners relations and management of sector specialists on the field.
More specifically the Project Director will be responsible for:
- supervising, coordinating and monitoring the inputs of all team members
- performing quality control on all deliverables
- managing the budgets, contracts and schedules rigorously
- engaging in recruitment of experts and project staff,
- communicating with and reporting to the clients, donors and beneficiaries, and
- establishing a clear reporting and communication line between HQ and the field
- ensuring dissemination of innovative good practices within the company to ensure knowledge capitalisation.
Our ideal candidate possesses a strong background in project management, as well as an entrepreneurial and visionary outlook to help advance projects’ objectives and results and the company overall.
- Master’s degree in development studies, economics, social sciences or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of work experience and credibility into international consulting with international donors and especially with the EC.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French with excellent communication skills. Additional languages will be considered as an asset.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the areas of institutional capacity development, peace and security, democratic governance, climate change, social service delivery, economic governance, PFM and/or public-sector reform
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Capacity to think and work politically, building strategic relationships and identify creative ways to address challenges and issues.
The position requires international travel.
We invite candidates to send us an updated CV in English or French with a motivation letter as soon as possible, via email to: email@example.com
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.