Why this Job is Amazing:
The International Communications Manager will:
- Be instrumental in establishing E1M as a thought leader and building E1M’s position as the leading digital company in the international development and corporate inclusion sectors.
- Make E1M famous and ensure we are top of mind for target clients.
- Craft our success stories in a compelling manner and identify the best channels and platforms for sharing them, including E1M’s external website and social media.
- Spearhead the design and execution of E1M’s internal communications strategy ensuring staff across all offices live the same cultural experience and are well informed.
Details of the role:
This is a new role within the Business Development and Partnerships team. The Communications Manager will be instrumental in creating and implementing a successful external and internal PR and communications strategy.
The International Communications Manager will be responsible for building and promoting E1M’s brand and capabilities and raising awareness within the International Development sector and key corporate sectors (Pharma, FMCG, Financial Services). E1M’s brand, reputation and general and specific capabilities must be at the forefront of target clients’ minds and positioned as a thought leader and natural choice of digital partner. In addition, he/she will ensure E1M’s culture and style comes to life with external organisations and ensures E1M is seen as an innovative and edgy professional organisation - a sought after implementing partner for projects in the economic growth, education, and health sectors.
The International Communications Manager will be responsible for building and developing press relationships with key business associations, journalists, bloggers and influencers across the international development and corporate sectors. This will range from publications such as Devex to the Guardian to Marketing Week and other key corporate magazines, across multiple geographies. .
The International Communications Manager will keep abreast of industry trends, know which awards E1M should be applying for, which events we should be attending and speaking at, which stories to be focusing on, and provide insight into what is “hot” and receiving attention, and how E1M can capitalise on that (or conversely provide strategic input into upcoming areas of attention that E1M should be focusing on).
The International Communications Manager will ensure all media channels (traditional, digital, social media including twitter) are utilised where relevant. He/she will be fully responsible for selecting the appropriate channel and ensuring those channels are used appropriately. He/she will be responsible for identifying the major sources of information our target clients engage with and ensuring we are active in all of them. This includes establishing an appropriate social media presence and effectively running and managing all social media channels and engagement.
The International Communications Manager will be responsible for managing all E1M outreach activity ranging from newsletters, blog posts, thought leadership pieces, website updates, etc. while sourcing and crafting the best stories and case studies from E1M’s existing experience and programmes to deliver maximum impact. In addition, he/she will be responsible for managing the knowledge repository, developing case studies and thought leadership pieces, conference abstracts and presentations, E1M’s external website, and all other outreach activity.
The International Communications Manager will ensure E1M is crafting and appropriately utilising multimedia to demonstrate the value of our programmes for use across all of our external and internal engagement and activities.
In addition to external outreach, the International Communications Manager will be responsible for driving and managing all internal communications. This entails ensuring all employees across all offices and time zones are all on the same page with regards to company strategy and activities, including using communications to embedding E1M’s corporate culture across physical spaces and employee mindsets.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven success in communications or PR in the International Development space across a range of channels and platforms.
- Proven understanding of industry trends, key publications, bloggers and influencers and how to build brand awareness within that context.
- Outstanding storytelling abilities: capable of weaving qualitative and quantitative information together into compelling narrative.
- Outstanding oral and written English communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in marketing, communications, public relations, international development or related field.
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex information from a range of sources and present in a succinct and compelling way.
- Excellent negotiation, relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Driven and motivated self starter with ability to work remotely or as part of a team
- Existing work authorisation for the United Kingdom.
- Experience working in the African context.
- Language capacity for African markets - French, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili.
£35,000 - £40,000 pa based on experience and qualifications
How to Apply
Send a covering letter describing your relevant experience and the value you would bring to the role and your resume to email@example.com by 20th April, 2018. Only applications sent via the email address provided will be considered.
About the Organization
Who is Every1Mobile (E1M):
Every1Mobile is a fast growing, private equity-backed mobile services and technology company which designs, builds and runs large digital social impact programmes across sub-Saharan Africa and other emerging markets. Our work spans financial and digital literacy, entrepreneurship, sexual health, gender, and youth engagement. Our clients and funders include Unilever, UN, PSI, Palladium and One.org,The World Bank, USAID, UKAID, Mozilla Foundation and the EU. The company has offices in Brighton, Cape Town, Nairobi, Lagos and Washington, DC. There’s more on our website - www.every1mobile.net.
Every1Mobile is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We respect and know the importance of a diverse team. It is the policy of Every1Mobile not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination.