The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for leading pre-proposal and proposal recruitment efforts for the new business development department as well as managing the candidate experience through sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, and selecting them for potential opportunities. The TAS is also expected to provide talent acquisition efforts for projects, as needed. This role is also responsible for building a talent pool, streamlining the recruitment processes, procedures, source, assess and interview a diverse pool of qualified candidates. The TAS will also be responsible for formatting candidate resumes and writing personnel sections of the proposal. They will also establish strong relationships with Land O’Lakes International Development client groups, HR partners, candidates, external community and professionally represent the organization and proposal subject matter.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Talent identification and candidate management
- Proposal Writing
- Project Recruitment
- Coaching and Training
- Managing Relationships
Education & Experience (Required):
High school diploma or GED is required. 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
Competencies & Skills (Required):
- Demonstrated success and experience in talent identification and recruitment within the context of donor funded projects.
- Proven ability to use various sources and networks to identify candidates for difficult positions with stringent requirements;
- Experience in identifying passive candidates;
- Demonstrated success in engaging client groups and maintaining strong relationship with them;
- Familiarity with applicant sourcing and recruitment databases;
- Familiarity with donor-funded proposal development processes;
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing (in English) and networking skills; and,
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
Education & Experience (Preferred):
Bachelor’s degree and a Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience. Fluency in foreign languages is preferred. International experience is a plus.Understanding of current development trends is strongly preferred.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-folk, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.