World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As International Engineering Expert, WV Sudan, you will be responsible for providing technical oversight on all major infrastructural work and supervisory support for the implementation of Infrastructural Components of the KfW funded ‘’Livelihoods and Agricultural Infrastructure Development project” in Nyala, Kass, Kubum, Rahed Elbirdi, and Ed Elfursan Localities of South Darfur, Sudan. The technical oversight include supervision and guidance on activities relating to constructions of:
· Micro-dams and irrigation structures,
· Small scale processing centres for milk and honey,
· Feeder roads and Wadi crossing, and
· Veterinary clinics.
- A Graduate degree from a recognized university in Civil engineering, Water Engineering or related fields.
- Professional certification and membership of recognized engineering body preferred. Professional training in project management, project controls and construction contracts is a definite asset.
- A Graduate degree in engineering from recognized University.
- Professional certification from a recognized engineering body.
- Professional training in project planning and management.
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in engineering work in an international development work environment, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa, with major accomplishment in construction of water infrastructures such dams, roads and bridges, irrigation structures and buildings.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Arabic; knowledge of German is advantageous.
- The position will be based in Nyala, South Darfur. The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 70% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 06 AUG 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.