The NCSC’s International Grants & Contracts Accountant position provides professional accounting services primarily for international grant and contract projects; including project compliance monitoring; reviewing and coding transactions; preparing and reviewing financial reports and invoices; serving as liaison with project staff concerning issues related to project costs, accounting, and billing; assisting in the review and reporting of balances; and maintaining familiarity with all federal regulations including 2 CFR 200. The Finance and Accounting Division of the NCSC is seeking candidates to a Grants & Contracts Accounting vacancy within the Arlington, VA office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbents will be responsible for performing the following duties:
· Provides support for the NCSC annual financial audit, federal Single Audit, and other audits as needed.
· Manages assigned general ledger accounts and monthly reconciliations. Interprets and applies grant and contract regulations to specific projects. Classifies, analyzes, and reconciles complex financial data.
· Review field office fiscal reports and post related transactions to the general ledger. Prepare invoices and quarterly reports for assigned projects.
· Reviews and analyzes budgets, and interprets state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines; and
· Other related accounting duties, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required; or any equivalent combination of education and accounting experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work.
· Three to five years of progressively responsible professional accounting work experience in the specialized areas of accounting software, programs and principles is required.
· Knowledge of integrated accounting software, programs and applications is also required. Some experience using Deltek Costpoint and working with federal grants and contracts is desirable.
· Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
About the Organization
NCSC’s International Programs Division partners with donor agencies, host-country governments, and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC has worked in more than 30 countries, throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our unique expertise and experience enables us to extract, apply, and adapt lessons learned in diverse country settings and reform environments.
THE NATIONAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, go to our web page at www.ncsc.org/jobs and click on NCSC domestic jobs. First time users will need to register before applying.