- 0.5FTE Fixed Term Contract (February 2021 – June 2022)
- Located in Canberra, Australia (remote working arrangements will be considered)
- Attractive Salary
Specialist Health Service (SHS)
Managed by Abt Associates Australia and located in the centre of Canberra, the Specialist Health Service provides strategic input on health to the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. DFAT posts and desks around the globe and in Canberra may contact the SHS for assistance with any health-related topic. The SHS allows DFAT to source high quality technical advice to support health policy, strategic planning and health programming across the aid management cycle. The SHS maintains panels of experts in numerous health technical subjects. The SHS staff guide, manage and quality assure the advice, as well as preparing brief reviews and technical inputs to support Australian Government staff.
We are currently inviting applications for the role of International Health Specialist to work as part of our in-house technical team from February 2021 until June 2022. The International Health Specialist conducts health related research and supports the planning, recruitment, management and quality assurance of health technical teams. The position reports to the SHS Director.
The preferred applicant will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in consulting, research, advising and writing on international health and development
- Knowledge of and ability to assess and summarise research in a range of public health technical areas
- Post-graduate degree in international public health or related field
- Demonstrated ability to write rapidly, clearly and accurately on international health and development topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to build constructive and effective relationships
- Previous experience living and working in a developing country (particularly in the Pacific or small island states) is desirable but not essential
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found in the Terms of Reference attachment in the ‘More Information’ link below.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria listed in the Terms of Reference.
Applications close: Tuesday, 8 December 2020 – midnight (AEST)
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.