SALARY: $52,148.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/06/2018
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of justice systems in the U.S. and around the world. NCSC partners with donor agencies, host country governments and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC’s International Programs Division based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking candidates for the position of Program Associate. The Program Associate will support donor-funded justice and security sector training programs administrated by NCSC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will support donor-funded justice and security sector programs in North Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, as needed. NCSC currently implements programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. The Program Associate will assist with program implementation, monitoring, and reporting; support accounts payable and monthly financial reporting of project activities; administer timesheets and payroll functions; assist with travel arrangements and travel reimbursement processing; and maintain program records. In addition, the Program Associate will support the development of technical and cost proposals and price analysis for new programs and other duties as assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day logistical and administrative support to field-based offices;
- Assist in the development and monitoring of work plans, deliverables, sub-grants programs, training and technical activities;
- Assist in drafting and compiling quarterly, annual, and other program reports;
- Prepare payable vouchers for reconciliation and payment of field office credit cards;
- Prepare payable vouchers for the processing of timesheets and expense reimbursements of field office staff and short-term consultants;
- Review field office expense reports, including verifying account balances, transaction coding, and completeness of supporting documentation for transactions;
- Make travel arrangements and prepare travel expense reports;
- Collect and maintain supporting documentation for airfare, hotel, and other travel expenses;
- Communicate with headquarters accounting office and field office financial staff;
- Prepare contracts for short-term consultants or volunteers;
- Conduct research and prepare country profiles or issue-based briefing memoranda; and
- Participate in business development efforts including but not limited to initiatives that relate to court excellence, court administration, access to justice and gender empowerment.
To be considered candidates are required to possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in international affairs/studies, business, government or other relevant discipline; or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform in the position;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in French and/or Arabic;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Excel to develop and track budgets;
- Prior experience supporting program operations in NCSC’s program regions, preferably in North Africa, the Middle East, or Asia, is required;
- Two years’ experience providing administrative and financial support for programs funded by State Department, USAID or donor-funded implementing partners is preferred;
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments and work independently;
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods of time; and
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
Position anticipated for current programming in the North Africa and South Asia. The Position Will Remain Open Until Filled.
NCSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/DISABILITY/VETERAN EMPLOYER
About the Organization
NCSC’s International Programs Division partners with donor agencies, host-country governments, and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC has worked in more than 30 countries, throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our unique expertise and experience enables us to extract, apply, and adapt lessons learned in diverse country settings and reform environments.
THE NATIONAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, go to our web page at www.ncsc.org/jobs and click on NCSC domestic jobs. First time users will need to register before applying.