NORC’s International Programs (INPRO) Department is accepting CVs for a full-time Operations Coordinator to be located in our Bethesda, Maryland office. The person filling this position will manage the day-to-day finances and budgets of INPRO’s projects, operations and compliance, consultants and subcontracts, and other administrative aspects of the department. He/she will not have supervisory responsibility. The Operations Coordinator will report to INPRO’s senior programs manager.
- Oversee the efficient operation and compliance for finance, accounting, subcontract management, and other administrative functions;
- Provide support on procurement related matters, adhering to USG and USAID regulations;
- Oversee efficient, streamlined, and compliant implementation of the subcontracts;
- Monitor budgets and invoices to ensure that expenditures are in compliance with USG and USAID policies and regulations;
- Develop budgets and forecasts which align with work plans;
- Prepare approval requests per client requirements;
- Ensure strong coordination and communication among project staff.
- Bachelors’ Degree in International Development, Business Management, Economics, Finance, or related field, or equivalent working experience in similar position on a USAID contract; Masters’ Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in finance and operations management for large, donor-funded projects; prior experience working on USAID contracts required;
- Experience managing procurement and implementation of USAID subcontracts;
- Deep knowledge of USG rules and regulations in both acquisition and assistance;
- Excellent budgeting skills using Excel, e.g. ability to construct spreadsheets that translate cost-based budgets (Cost Plus budgets) into client-required Time and Material (T&M) or Fees and Expenses formats with appropriate links, updating, and salary and cost escalation functionality.
- Proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines through active collaboration with NORC researchers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Spanish or French a plus.
About the Organization
A Tradition of Excellence
As one of the oldest not-for-profit, academic research organizations in the United States, and through its affiliation with the University of Chicago, NORC maintains the highest standard of professional excellence and scientific rigor, and is committed to broad dissemination of its findings.
A Passion for Innovation
NORC’s subject matter experts and survey professionals develop and employ innovative study designs, research methods, and technical applications to derive meaningful and accurate results.
A Commitment to Collegiality
NORC cultivates an interdisciplinary culture of achievement in which senior investigators from diverse fields and professional backgrounds collaborate with the next generation of researchers in an open, collegial environment.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
For more information, please visit www.norc.org.