Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Recruits, interviews and recommends placement of candidates for international positions from both internal and external sources. This position involves heavy proposal recruiting. Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of company management to ensure adequate coverage of personnel needs. Consults with management to identify and recommend the most qualified candidates. Extends offers to selected candidates and may arrange for relocation when necessary. Maintains an effective personnel advertising program as directed by management. Keeps informed of developments in such areas as wages and salaries, employee benefits, and general personnel practices.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant pools/sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites.
- Provides organization information, opportunities, and benefits; makes presentations; maintains rapport with external clients.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and attending HR conferences.
- Develops and implements tracking system to report key metrics for measuring and predicting staffing activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with hiring managers, management and recruitment team to plan and implement effective recruiting strategies for high need to fill positions.
- Participates in client meetings and business strategy sessions to improve and build upon recruitment processes and creates innovative approaches to attract top quality talent.
- Identifies the best mix of resources among use of job boards, web searches, referrals and industry sources to find candidates.
- Develops position specific screening questionnaires for team to use, revises job descriptions and prepares advertisements.
- Manages candidates through the entire interview process from initial contact to hire date with company.
- Negotiates candidate salaries, benefits and allowances according to FHI 360 policies and within proposal/project budget constraints and client regulations.
- Guides hiring managers on staffing and recruitment policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and employment laws.
- Leads, mentors and guides recruitment team.
- Serves as a liaison between recruiting management and hiring managers.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with proposal recruitment activities and staffing functions.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws with focus on industry of the company to attract talent.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and other media sources used for recruitment. * Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports.
- Works on complex problems that require analysis of situation or data and a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Provides guidance to lower recruitment staff. May act as team lead.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Provides reports and makes recommendations to management to make business decisions.
- Reports to the Director of Recruiting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires a minimum of 6-8 years of recruiting for international positions preferably in developing countries.
- Requires a minimum of 6-8 years of professional recruiting experience, which includes proposal recruiting, preferably within an international development organization.
- Knowledge of government and/or donor requirements especially USAID as well as domestic and international recruiting markets.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients, and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills and an ability to work with diverse teams, as well as meet sometimes tight recruitment deadlines.
- Ability to work with staff across the organization, both technical staff, project managers and field project teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
- Working experience with applicant tracking systems required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree.
Technology to be Used:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.