International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: International Proposal Support
Department/Location: Business Development
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking an International Proposal Support person to provide administrative support to the Business Development department. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and provide comprehensive logistics and administrative support across business development projects and proposals. Other qualities include someone who is assertive, works with a sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. This position is located in our headquarters in Vienna, VA and is for 28 hours per week for 3 months.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the BD team including transcribing meeting notes and formatting documents.
- Conduct research related to new business opportunities.
- Assist with sourcing candidates for proposals.
- Provide proposal support including requests for information, project research, etc.
- Format resumes.
- Create personnel bios, matrices, etc.
- Prepare project descriptions.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, research and organizational ability.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Drive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 6 months of work experience in a high volume, fast paced work environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
Education: At least 2 years of college education in international affairs, economics, business, English or other related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Travel: Travel not required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.