Abt Associates seeks a qualified International Recruiter to support the International Development Division in Rockville, MD. The Recruiter will establish and maintain a strong network for sourcing and attracting talent and plan recruitment strategies helping to assess current and longer-term hiring needs. With a focus on attracting high-quality professional candidates and filling division and project-specific rolls, the incumbent is responsible for executing recruitment strategies to attract top talent, developing strong partnerships with hiring managers, building a bench of qualified candidates, cultivating an in-depth understanding of client hiring needs, establishing a strong recruiting network, and utilizing numerous techniques to source and attract potential talent.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the designated Division, develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing objectives.
- Recommends specialized recruiting sources to hiring managers.
- Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality diverse candidate pool.
- Creates and fosters relationships with key associations, industry specific organizations, and other resources and to attract candidates to Abt.
- Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviews. Provide screening for manager to ensure applicants meet required and desired qualifications based upon job requisitions.
- Manages internal applicant process.
- Ensure candidate applications and biodata sheet are complete with necessary information for proposals and client review and acceptance. Work with candidates to ensure they understand the recruitment and compensation system
- Works with HR and Hiring managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of Abt’s employment policies and procedures
- Manages the post-offer recruitment process to secure key acceptances
- Collaborates with other HR team members on training and development projects relating to interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Analyzes recruiting market trends in order to improve Abt’s effectiveness at senior level recruitment.
- Considers and builds processes to streamline and improve cost effective recruitment services
- Maintains records on recruiting activities and analyzes metrics.
- Other duties as required.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Strong preference for direct overseas experience and relevant language skills (Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic).
- Strong organization, communication, and networking skills.
- Strong /proven technical writing skills.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel at a minimum.
- Team player with interest in collaborative work environment.
- Aptitude for building successful relationships with candidates, colleagues and individuals involved in hiring process.
- Superior professionalism, discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of experience, including at least 1 year supporting international development projects, including those funded by USAID and other donor organizations.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1965, Abt Associates was built on the concept that sound information and empirical analysis are the best foundations for effective decision making. The firm blends the subject matter expertise of our staff with technical capabilities in applied research, program implementation, and data collection to shape policy, strengthen systems, measure performance, and deliver other solutions to our public and private sector clients. Examples of Abt Associates’ work include nationally recognized research, evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the efficiency of healthcare systems, the effectiveness of government housing programs, the production of food, and the measurement of public opinion. Abt’s staff of more than 2000 includes national and international experts who are known for their understanding of communities and governments worldwide, innovative research techniques, and insightful—and often groundbreaking—analyses and recommendations. Approximately 51 percent of our staff has graduate degrees; one in six has a doctorate. Our staff’s educational and professional disciplines include economics, engineering, environmental analysis, epidemiology, food security, health, housing, international development, psychology, social science, statistics, and survey methodology. Abt’s research staff is experienced with prominent statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, and STATA, along with qualitative software such as NVIVO and Atlas. In 2011, Abt Associates was ranked among the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 development innovators. Abt has offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Rockville, Md.; Cambridge, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Durham, N.C.; and New York City and program offices in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Central and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. www.abtassociates.com