MSI seeks a motivated and hardworking, mid-level international recruiter to join our team at our Arlington headquarters office. As a member of the business development team, the recruiter will work closely with individuals throughout the company to source and select candidates for a wide variety of short- and long-term positions globally. This position is focused on proposal recruitment for USAID primarily with occasional assistance to project and headquarter positions as needed. MSI is looking for a fast learner who is organized and has excellent oral and written communication skills. This recruiter will join a growing, fun-loving and fast-paced business development team.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
- Manage full-cycle recruiting efforts for a variety of international technical positions for proposals, including screening CVs, contacting candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, checking references, background checks, and closing the recruitment process in coordination with other departments.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers on developing position descriptions for active and expected positions, source candidates, create key qualifications summaries, write/edit CVs and develop skills matrices in accordance with RFP or client requirements.
- Serve as “the face of the organization” to applicants and organizations during interviews, meetings and external industry events.
- Maintain networks in critical technical sectors to facilitate effective recruitment.
- Use traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates with rare skill sets, particularly in the fields of monitoring and evaluation and countering violent extremism.
- Manage candidate activity in MSI’s applicant tracking system (ATS). Maintain organized recruitment trackers and files in a shared folder system.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, personnel administration, international studies or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of recruiting experience for USG and foreign donor proposals, such as USAID, MCC, DoS and other multilateral donors in the international development space.
- Exposure to and understanding of modern issues in international development; and an appreciation of cultural sensitivities and differences.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and within tight and often changing deadlines.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and other similar databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior professionalism required. The right candidate will have great listening and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.