Abt Associates’ Human Resources Department seeks a qualified International Recruiter. With a focus on attracting high-quality professional candidates, the incumbent is responsible for executing recruitment strategies to attract talent, developing strong partnerships with hiring and proposals teams, building a bench of qualified candidates, cultivating an in-depth understanding of hiring needs, establishing a strong recruiting network, and utilizing numerous techniques to source and attract potential talent that reflect the communities Abt works with.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruit personnel for donor-funded (mostly-USAID) proposals and projects
- Full lifecycle recruiting to include: developing recruiting strategy, passively sourcing candidates, drafting scopes of work and advertisements, screening CVs, conducting interviews, salary verification, reference checking, drafting offer letters, negotiating compensation packages
- Ensures compliance with all governmental and client employment regulations and requirements, as well as Abt-specific policies and procedures
- Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality diverse candidate pool
- Creates and fosters relationships with key associations, industry specific organizations, and other resources and to attract candidates to Abt
- Ensure candidate applications and biodata sheet are complete with necessary information for proposals and client review and acceptance. Work with candidates to ensure they understand the recruitment and compensation system
- Considers and builds processes to streamline and improve cost effective recruitment services
- Maintains records on recruiting activities and analyzes metrics
- Other duties as required
- 3 – 5 years of experience, including at least 1 year working in or with employees in Low or Middle Income Countries
- Strong preference for direct overseas experience and relevant language skills (French, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Spanish)
- Strong organization, communication, and networking skills
- Aptitude for building successful relationships with candidates, colleagues and individuals involved in hiring process
- Superior professionalism, discretion and judgment
- Bachelor degree with 2 – 4 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
No agency or staffing firms will be utilized for this search.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.