VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
VSO are seeking an experienced international safeguarding expert to carry out a review of its organisational safeguarding practice and culture. The findings of this review will assist us with ensuring we systematically and systemically plan and manage in a way which enables an individual or group of people to feel safe from harm or threat of harm while in involved with VSO’s international development work.
* The terms of reference can be found here.
* This project is likely to run from September to the end of November 2018 and will require the consultant to submit a scope of work and action plan for agreement before substantive work begins.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together.
Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
To be considered for this role please submit the following:
* A short biography with details of relevant experience to undertake this work; specifically safeguarding in community environments, safeguarding where volunteers, employees and community members are organised together, working in an international environment and with geographically dispersed colleagues.
* A concise brief outlining how you might undertake the work in line with our terms of reference, particularly how you will identify consultants for in country work, organise the work and what you might need from VSO for the review to be effective.
* Three references from people/organisations who can confirm and discuss similar work you have undertaken for them
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Location: England - Surrey - Kingston upon Thames