ICF is looking for a team lead for a project in textile sector in Bangladesh in the field of environment. Below the key responsibilities and requirements:
Project Title: Environmental Component of the project Sustainability in the Textile and Leather Sector in Bangladesh
Project Objective: Strengthening the regulatory and enforcement capacities of Bangladesh’s Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) as well as the country’s
environmental protection agency (Department of Environment, DoE)
International Team leader: On-site assignment for 12 expert months, (Total Project Duration-24 months. Subject to extension by 12 months)
• Overall responsibility for project implementation, quality assurance in all processes and project success regarding the advisory package of the contractor.
• Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme (Textile-Cluster) at local and national level.
• Responsible for the development of a strategy as well as the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in:
ü Initiating a multi-stakeholder process with Department of Environment (DoE) under the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) of the Government of Bangladesh, for the development of environmental regulation (based on Sevilla Process),
ü Developing a catalogue of measures to strengthen individual and organizational capacities of the DoE and
ü Supporting DoE in improving their regulatory management tools.
• Responsible for coordinating all stages of the project with key stakeholders and ensuring transparency towards the partners
• Consideration of cross-cutting themes in the Textile-Cluster (OHS-Management, certification of factories, awareness raising campaigns)
• Personnel management, identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
• Ensuring results-based monitoring is conducted, according to GIZ’s standards
• Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines to GIZ’ officer responsible for the commission (AV)
• Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
• Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, plan of operations as well as supporting evaluations and the preparation of a follow-on phase
• Giving input for and accompanying meetings with other donors, relevant stakeholders, and the German Embassy
• University qualification (Master or equivalent) in environmental policy and regulation, environmental law, environmental economics, environmental governance, environmental management or other relevant fields
• 15 years of professional experience in the field of environmental policy and regulation, environmental regulatory reform, industrial pollution control and enforcement or industrial environmental management
• 4 international projects in the last ten years with clearly defined role and responsibility of one person months each: 2 Projects regarding industrial environmental management, 2 projects in the textile- and leather sector
• 3 international projects in the last 7 years as project team leader or manager in a company of six person months each.
• 4 years of experience in projects in South/South-East Asia, 2 years of which experience in Bangladesh, Pakistan, India
• 5 years of experience in DC (Development Cooperation) projects
• Evidence of participation in Capacity WORKS training (can be completed at a later date), 3 years of experience in financial management.
About the Organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf