Job Opportunity: International Team Leader (financial cooperation)
Project Title: Forest Program 4: Watershed Management and Biodiversity Conservation in Mamasa Watershed, Sulawesi
Country Indonesia, West Sulawesi
Donor KfW German Development Bank
Duration 8 years, start around end 2018
As part of the German Financial Cooperation (FC) with Indonesia the Federal Republic of Germany promotes plans to protect water catchment areas and biodiversity in West-Sulawesi.
The objectives are sustainable use and development of forests and agricultural land as well preservation of primary forests to improve water catchment areas, biodiversity and livelihoods of the rural population in the Mamasa and Mamuju districts.
The FC measure aims to ensure that the Indonesian partner organizations develop and implement exemplary biodiversity protection and integrated water resource management-measures in West Sulawesi / water catchment area of the hydroelectric power plant Bakaru to minimize erosion and sedimentation and assist the rehabilitation of the Mamasa watershed and river.
Further, forest protection and sustainable forest management shall contribute to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Indonesia and improve the living conditions of the rural population.
Job description :
• Requested consulting services include assistance to the Project Executing Agency in the following tasks:
• Overall and detailed planning of the project (i.e. operation plan), project management including procurement of equipment, financial management, and project monitoring etc.;
• Sustainable and climate adaptive forest management and forest rehabilitation;
• Integrated watershed area rehabilitation and management;
• Strengthening of National Park management and implementation of buffer zone activities
• Community–based and participatory (agro-) forestry planning and program design, including PES;
• Interactive, coordinated cooperation with FMUs and other projects
• Design, organization and implementation of a training program for project personnel.
• University degree related to biodiversity conservation/ integrated water resources management/ forest management/ rural development;
• Minimum eight years of professional work experience in international cooperation programs in developing countries;
• Minimum five years of experience as CTA, preferably in financial cooperation of bilateral or multilateral donors or other leadership/ management experience in complex FC programs of bilateral or multilateral donors;
• Experience in the management of projects, including planning, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, supervision of technical, administrative and logistical tasks, budget management, communication etc.;
• Experience in the management of teams of experts of different technical backgrounds;
• Professional work experience in South-East Asia, preferably in Indonesia;
• Written and oral fluency in English is mandatory;
• Good Knowledge in Bahasa Indonesia is considered essential.
GFA Jobs - Consultant (m/f) for Sustainable Energy at our EMENA Department
Interested candidates should send their CV possibly in EU-format by email to:
Ms. Heike Mainusch
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
We regret that we can only reply to applications meeting the requirements as set out in the job description. Thank you for your understanding.