Project title: Technical assistance for the EU-South Africa Dialogue Facility
Brief description of the project: A Human Dynamic’s led consortium has been selected to implement EuropeAids’ EUR 3.4million, 42-month project, “Assistance for the EU-South Africa Dialogue Facility”.
The proposed technical assistance services contract’s focus is on the ‘EU-South Africa Dialogue Facility’ under the umbrella of the Strategic Partnership, a partnership that has existed between the EU and South Africa since 2007.
Our team supports the Dialogue Facility to continue to deliver targeted technical assistance and support to South African government departments. The present programme directly follows the Trade, Development and Co-operation Agreement’s Dialogue facility 2011-2015 and the Bridging Facility 2015-2016. The initial TDCA Facility was launched as a pilot programme, as policy dialogue was a new concept, but since its launch demands for support have steadily increased. With each successive round of calls for proposals attracting greater and greater interest from a wider variety of departments seeking technical assistance.
Human Dynamics’ team will ensure clear and transparent governance around the call for proposals process to ensure that our team can optimise the focus and impact of the technical assistance provided. Through three Key Experts combined with Human Dynamics’ wide pool of Non-Key Experts, our project will be able to make a significant contribution to the dialogue facility’s increased effectiveness.
Qualifications and skills
- Preferably a Master’s degree in the field of economics, international trade, political science or equivalent. Alternatively, a University degree in the above-mentioned fields or equivalent with 15 years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations
- Computer literate
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
General professional experience
- Preferably 12 years of experience
- Good knowledge of EU policies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of South African Government and policies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of EU Strategic Partnerships would be an advantage
Specific professional experience
- Experience in supporting senior Government officials at national and international level
- At least 5 years in a senior management position
- Relevant work experience of middle-income countries, preferably South Africa
- Experience in management of EU-funded projects
- Knowledge of EU sectorial policies and external cooperation would be an advantage
- Technical expertise in one or more sectors of policy dialogue and cooperation would be an advantage