Resonance is seeking International Trade (Ecommerce) Specialist candidates for the USAID Trade and Competitiveness Activity (TCA). The International Trade (Ecommerce) Specialist will be responsible for leading digital trade initiatives for USAID’s Office of Trade and Regulatory Reform. The project is supporting the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3) Office of Trade and Regulatory Reform (TRR) to provide technical support to USAID Missions, USAID/Washington bureaus, and other United States Government (USG) operating units to design, implement, and evaluate a broad range of activities related to trade and investment, private sector development, and regulatory reform. Within this scope, TCA is supporting TRR as it works with interagency partners to ensure that USAID’s development programming is supporting USAID partner countries to formulate internationally recognized standards that allow for U.S. businesses to compete and for partner countries to meet standards necessary for increasing their exports and consumer safety.
- Guide the development of digital trade and digital economics in developing and transitioning countries;
- Advise countries on implementation of WTO accession commitments and compliance, including e-commerce and services within multilateral and bilateral trade agreements;
- Provide expertise in customs, digital platforms and their supporting policies, and market access among U.S. Government agencies, and the private sector.
- Coordinate with counterparts in other development assistance organizations with the purpose of assuring that USAID’s programs supporting trade and digital capacity-building are consistent with best practices;
- Ensure Ecommerce programming, where one or more donors are supporting trade capacity-building efforts globally or in countries where USAID is also engaged, are well-coordinated and coherent
- Design of a trade digital economy capacity-building program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in relevant field, PhD preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience in Ecommerce in developing and transitioning countries.
- Significant knowledge of, and experience working within, the digital practice of Asian economics, specifically China.
- Significant experience providing advisory services to U.S. Government Agencies, multi-national corporations, and international development donors.
- Understanding of financial markets especially as they facilitate the flow of capital in support of cross-border trade, Ecommerce and investment;
- Understanding of the global institutional infrastructure that makes and enforces the rules by which the global trading system operates.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability working collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- US work authorization required. Building clearance required.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “TCA; International Trade (Ecommerce) Specialist” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.