ME&A is recruiting a International Trade Specialist for the Financing Self-Reliance & Management Development (FSRMD) project. The purpose of the Financing Self-Reliance and Market-Led Development (FSRMD) program is to provide USAID operating units in Washington and around the world access to a flexible mechanism with which to mobilize the partnerships, technical assistance, capacity building, and analytic services essential to impact focused economic growth and cross-sectoral programming. FSRMD will enable USAID operating units to address the critical factors inhibiting partner countries from planning, implementing, and financing their own development. Inclusive economic growth delivers the increased incomes and domestic resources that make developing countries self-reliant.
International Trade Specialist(s) shall have expertise and experience in the following: a) Trade Capacity Building theory and practice; b) Gender and Economic Opportunity theory and practice; c) Youth and Employment theory and practice; and d) Sectoral Policy Research and Analysis. International Trade Specialists shall have experience in applied political economy analysis and systems-based approaches as they relate to the above areas of required expertise.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MA, PhD, JD, etc.) in business, economics, law, or other related field from an accredited institution.
- At least 6-10 years of experience with technical expertise in economic growth, public financial management, and functioning financial markets and trade capacity building.
- Significant experience and knowledge of economic policy and governance. Experience with key institutions and organizations relevant to economic growth issues in the region.
- At least 6 years of experience in managing or implementation of economic growth projects, preferably with USAID.
- Demonstrated track record of successful design and implementation of domestic revenue mobilization, public financial management, and/or fiscal transparency and accountability.
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates in a local or international setting
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with local partner organizations that
- achieve the desired results.
- Experience in working collaboratively and effectively with local national staff, USAID and other donors, host government counterparts, and other relevant stakeholders on project implementation.
- Experience in managing a multi-component economic growth project in a transition environment.
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Advanced spoken and written English communication skills.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.