World Vision International
VisionFund International is Financial Empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish. In 2017, VisionFund provided 1.47 million loans totalling more than US $836 million, while impacting 2.6 million jobs.
Here’s where you come in:
An Investment Analyst, Vision Fund International has been established to ensure rigorous, objective, and transparent investment decision making. The investment function is a broad division of the VFI Global Centre Finance department and comprises the following departmental units:
- Investment Transaction – sourcing of investment opportunities, underwriting analysis, structuring, pricing, execution, and performance monitoring.
- Portfolio Management – strategy, budgeting, asset allocation and rebalancing, market and economic monitoring, reporting, analysis, and administration.
- Treasury – management of liquidity, short term investments, and asset/liability risk (including FX, interest rate, maturity, and portfolio quality), hedging, trading, and settlements.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
- Strong MS Excel skills required, with competency in intermediate to advanced functions.
- Advanced knowledge of financial markets.
- 3+ years direct financial analysis experience, ideally in banking or related investing or lending practices.
- Theoretical knowledge of and/or experience with foreign currency risk and hedging.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- National/international travel anticipated up to 10% of the time and flexibility to communicate with colleagues in different timezones (email/skype/phone).
Is this the job for you?
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 NOV 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.