All the AIIB staff jobs are located in Beijing, China.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
AIIB is scaling up its support to sector investment programs in client countries and is looking for Investment Associates and Analysts with experience in sovereign transactions, commercial/investment banks, and/or international financial institutions.
Watch our video job description to know more about this role (click this link).
- Support AIIB’s project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documentation.
- Conduct research works on sectoral/technical topics.
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions.
- Support the preparation of project documents used for approval.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks or international/multilateral financial institutions.
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments.
- Financial modeling experience required; credit analysis skills will be an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in business administration or finance, or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.