This position is part of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Office of Investment Funds (OIF). As an Investment Funds Specialist, you will be responsible for providing professional underwriting and monitoring of assigned investment funds and direct co-investments for DFC’s private equity and venture capital Investment Funds program.
- Lead OIF in identifying, screening, underwriting and executing equity investments and debt commitments to private equity and venture capital funds as well as direct equity co-investments.
- Market DFC’s fund and co-investment capabilities to the emerging market private equity and venture capital community.
- Underwrite fund and co-investment commitments by leveraging expertise in equity and debt underwriting and demonstrated proficiency in negotiating limited partnership agreements and direct equity investments.
- Assist senior team leads in deal closings and capital calls/disbursements to funds and co-investments.
- Support senior underwriters in processing transactions; manage and provide modeling and administrative support to senior underwriters; and ensure internal database is current for assigned deals.
- Support senior investment professionals in representing DFC on the limited partner advisory committee (LPAC) for assigned funds, and, when appropriate, the Board of Directors of a portfolio company.
- Author and present periodic investment reviews to the Office and DFC’s Risk Management team.
- Support senior investment professionals in the developing and executing restructuring or work-out strategies for funds and investments that fail to meet expectations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level). Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
- experience providing analysis and recommendations to senior office professionals/executives regarding international private equity investment;
- client and stakeholder relations and ability to present complex ideas;
- creating analytical presentations/reports, developing/modifying financial models; and
- working/maintaining financial management data tracking systems to perform financial data analyses.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes experience independently identifying, conducting due diligence, and negotiating the terms of participation in investment funds and co-investment structures.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
Education is not substitutable for experience identified above.
DEADLINE: 21 May 2021