The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
AIIB’s Investment Operations are divided into two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America. The Banking Department has the following business lines: (i) Capital Markets and Structured Products, (ii) Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors, (iii) Financial Institutions and Syndication, and (iv) Private Equity.
The Senior Investment Officer / Investment Officer is expected to work with other team members in the origination and execution of debt market investments (such as loans and guarantees), equity market investments (such as indirect equity investments via private equity funds as well as direct equity investments both in corporate platforms and in specific projects), and/or capital market investments (such as corporate bonds, green bonds, project bonds and other asset-backed securities). The Senior Investment Officer / Investment Officer is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments.
- Origination and execution of investment projects in the relevant mandated areas;
- Perform research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare for client meetings, including the preparation of presentations, memos and reports, etc.;
- Represent the Banking Department in internal meetings and assist in coordination and reporting;
- As project lead, conduct due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions; prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Support internal Bank coordination through information exchanges and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank; support the Banking Department achieve its targets and objectives;
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by senior management of the Department.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate/project finance gained from prior positions with commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions;
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments;
- Experience in working on investment projects through an established approval process;
- Demonstrated project lead and management skills, with proven ability to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries;
- Effective financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Effective credit skills will be an advantage;
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills;
- University degree in business administration or finance; advanced university degree or equivalent is an advantage;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) is essential. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.