Note: all the AIIB jobs are located in Beijing, China. All the applications must be submitted via AIIB career portal: Career Opportunities - Career - Opportunities.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America. The Banking Department has the following verticals: (i) capital markets and structured products; (ii) digital infrastructure and industry; (ii) financial institutions and syndication; and (iv) private equity.
AIIB seeks to recruit a Senior / Investment Officer for the Investment Operations Region 2 Banking Department. The Senior / Investment Officer will be responsible for the origination and execution of projects in the Financial Institutions sector as well as work with Investment Operations colleagues to ensure the marketability of transactions, primarily their structure and pricing. The Senior / Investment Officer will maintain an active dialogue with the market, provide current updates to both internal and external clients and support activities in pursuit of new business.
- Origination and execution of investment projects in the Financial Institutions sector;
- Lead project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with international, regional and local commercial banks, export credit agencies, insurance companies, multilateral financial institutions, institutional investors and other existing/potential B Loan participants and parallel lenders;
- Develop and grow a diversified base of new investors and identify prospective new sources of capital mobilization and expand relationships with existing investors;
- Lead and support syndication efforts of the Bank, including market research and soundings, development of marketing materials and syndication strategies and bookrunning of transactions;
- Assist in the pricing and documentary aspects of guarantee products, funded and unfunded risk participations;
- Represent the Department in internal meetings coordination, participation, following up and reporting;
- Support the Bank’s internal coordination through information exchanges and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank; supporting the Department’s team and management in achieving their targets and objectives; and
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by the Senior Management of the Department.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience (at least 5-8 years for Officer level, 8-10 years for Senior Officer level) in the field of corporate/project finance syndication gained in commercial/investment banks, ECAs, international credit insurance companies/broking firms and/or international financial institutions;
- Understanding of international capital markets, especially commercial banks, credit guarantees/insurance, and financial products, including loans, swaps and CDS;
- Experience using available research tools including Dealogic–Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications, and bookrunning platforms such as Debtdomain, Intralinks and Syndtrak;
- Experience in the financial institutions sector will be an advantage;
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments;
- Experience in working on investment projects through an established approval process;
- Relevant experience in leading projects/management skills - able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills; credit skills will be an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in business administration, economics, finance or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.