The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is scaling up its support to transport sector programs in client countries and is working to recruit experienced and talented transport specialists with strong skills either in transport policy/planning or engineering.
The Investment Operations Specialist-Transport/Senior Investment Operations Specialist-Transport will be responsible for contributing to AIIB’s lending program by supporting the planning, design, preparation and implementation of projects/programs that meet the transport growth demand and improve transportation efficiency in client countries. The Specialist(s) will be responsible for understanding and responding to the transport challenges facing Asia including increasing demand for better transport connectivity, safety, services efficiency, sustainability of sector investment, rapid urbanization, etc.
Lead and/or contribute to transport sector analyses of certain countries under assignment. Identify, conceptualize and prepare projects to (i) advise clients on feasibility studies, technical design, cost-effective analysis leading to investment prioritization; (ii) undertake technical and economic analysis of project investments and programs; (iii) review and assess implementation capacity of project counterparts and supporting institutions/agencies and (iv) design practical implementation plans focused on getting results on the ground.
- Develop investment strategies with clients to pursue the most effective approach to achieve transportation efficiency in various sets of economic environments and specific needs of client countries.
- Supervise projects and programs under implementation to ensure appropriate technical quality and consistency with project objectives.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant working experience (minimum 8-10 years for Senior Specialist) in transport planning or engineering and undertaking economic feasibility studies for transport investment, urban transport development planning and/or traffic management/analysis.
- Of the above 5-10 years, a minimum 3- to 7-year proven track record in successful business operations in middle-income and/or developed countries and the introduction of state-of-the-art technology/expertise to countries in Asia. Extensive experience working in infrastructure operations or the management of infrastructure projects, experience in contract management and administration, planning and programming of capital and maintenance works and institutional reforms would be favorably considered.
- Some work experience in developing countries would be an asset.
- Familiarity with various modes of transport activities and development in general, and in-depth knowledge of at least one mode of transport.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to perform day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Master’s degree from a reputable university in a relevant field including economics, transport planning, traffic management and transport engineering (for all modes of transport such as road, railway, port, aviation and urban transport).
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.