Dexis is seeking an experienced IT & Innovation Specialist to provide IT support services to the Management and Administrative Support Services Phase II (MASS II) contract with the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Tanzania Mission. The work location for this position will be in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This is a full-time position, although consultant or short-term candidates may be considered. The start date for this position is o/a October 1, 2018 and is an anticipated 12-month assignment.
The IT & Innovation Specialist will play a critical role in the roll out and normalization of emerging technology tools and revised business practices, as well as building IT capacity for USAID/Tanzania staff. USAID/Washington launched a new social intranet platform called MyUSAID, which will serve as a one-stop shop for all Agency staff to collaborate and communicate. The contractor must provide change management and technical support to enable the Mission to adopt this new platform.
- Design and implement innovative improvements to business processes, systems, technology, and work flows, as well as explore ways to use mobile solutions to achieve objectives
- Create and apply structured change management approach and methodology for the adoption of the MyUSAID platform through training, individual assistance, support to teams and offices, and leadership to the IT section.
- Manage the transfer of files and documents to MyUSAID and transition clearances, communications, and utilization of this platform.
- Improve methods of capturing, processing, and reporting data and fostering collaboration.
- Improve USAID/Tanzania’s ability to function in a more mobile and remote manner through telework, use of offsite locations, and utilization of wireless capability within the USAID building.
- Increase the use of emerging technology tools, applications, and equipment by filling gaps in knowledge and competencies.
- Support telework through data collection and IT trouble shooting and promote the increased use of wireless and remote access devices.
- Collaborate with various groups within USAID/Tanzania to identify areas for improvement and design, implement business systems and procedures to streamline workflows and maximize efficiency and guide the USAID/Tanzania’s iChampions group to experiment with innovative solutions and increase staff proficiency and confidence in technology-based initiatives.
- Provide coaching and technical expertise to the EXO/IT team to foster excellent customer service and responsiveness to various IT needs of the Mission.
- Expand the Mission’s new Intranet, adding and maintaining content and promoting increased use at the Mission.
- Support programmatic learning and adaptive management in the Mission, Geospatial Information Services (GIS) will provide geographically displayed information on the Mission’s portfolio and the Tanzania context. The Mission has limited GIS capabilities using the ARC-GIS mapmaker. This functionality includes basic activity/project location mapping, along with overlays of data disaggregated by geographic locations. However, more robust capabilities are required. The contractor will work with related software and programs to create and maintain data and maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data. GIS data must be able to include and relate different types of data such as socioeconomic, demographic, administrative or political boundaries, land use, land cover, environmental, infrastructure, and transportation networks. Upgraded GIS software will be required for these services to be successful. The Mission expects 10-20 maps to be created annually.
- Perform other IT or innovation tasks as requested by the COR or CO.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, information systems management, or related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in operating computers, PC support, and programming.
- Google Apps building experience and experience writing code required.
- Previous experience working with USAID preferred.
- Experience with Geospatial Information Services (GIS) preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.