The IT and Operations Officer, based in Berlin, Germany, will support the operations team and other program staff to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware, and IT accessories. The position will report to the Deputy Team Leader. Additionally, this position will support program operations with logistical and administrative support, including, but not limited to responsibilities listed below.
Period of Performance:
Through December 2018
Reporting Line and Responsibility:
The IT and Operations Officer reports to the Deputy Team Lead and supervises no staff.
- Ensure corporate Creative Associates IT policies are being followed;
- Ensure all program laptops, office printers, security cameras, and other IT devices remain functional;
- Investigate, research, and troubleshoot IT-related issues; report and document any hardware or software issues to the Operations Manager;
- Manage the IT setup for new employees including laptop configuration; printer driver installation; Microsoft Suite installations; and any other setup tasks as needed;
- Install encryption protection on all new laptops assigned to program personnel;
- Perform new user IT training and communication of IT policies and standards, as requested;
- Assist program team with software updates and upgrades;
- Review IT security protocols and provide recommendations for changes if necessary;
- Support in the daily office management, including logistical, administrative, and operational support;
- Arrange the logistics for meetings, conferences, and appointments; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years prior experience providing IT support;
- Current working knowledge with Windows 10 Pro operating systems;
- Working knowledge of desktop productivity software applications to provide desktop support (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, antivirus and VPN software);
- Familiarity with installation and support of relevant hardware including laptops, desktops, printers etc…;
- prior experience working with USG contractors, implementing partners or NGOs preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently; Strong troubleshooting skills, able to diagnose and resolve issues; and
- Written and spoken English required; Arabic language preferred.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Syrian and German Nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Must be eligible to work in the EU.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.