In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year performance management support contract – PERFORM to Management Systems International (MSI). Under PERFORM MSI provides monitoring support, evaluations, assessments, and learning support services to USAID. These services provide evidence-based data and information and high-quality analysis that USAID program managers use to target resources and inform project design and implementation to improve project results and achieve objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position. **
PERFORM is introducing the position of IT/Applications Support Officer. The selected candidate under the guidance of Director MIS/GIS will serve as technical hardware / Software assistance and support to the project staff. Responds to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determine and implements solution.
This is a full-time position based in Islamabad, Pakistan; with limited travel to field offices as needed. It is expected to begin immediately and continue through April 2020.
- Administer, support and maintain desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals and all associated operating systems and applications for users.
- Responsible for the setup and configuration of computers with the required software for new users.
- Responsible for any physical work related to the computers’ hardware issues and moving workstations to another location.
- Work service requests and help desk tickets. Responsible for maintaining helpdesk support ticketing system.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools; Access Points, Switches & Firewalls.
- Responsible for the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability via data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Responsible in the compilation and maintenance of IT inventory of hardware and software.
- Responsible for prioritizing the IT related issues of users/staff and proactively resolving them.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system, applications & IT inventory.
- Server maintenance and provide daily routine examination including monitoring internet services; installing, maintaining, and upgrading servers; Google/Cloud drives and related equipment.
- Assist in implementation of Systems and IT Policies.
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading of Routers, Hubs, firewall, VPN Concentrators etc.
- Collaborate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Active directory management.
- BS IT/CS (4 Years preferable)
- 4 years’ experience in relevant area.
- Required skills with MS Office 365. Should be good in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Windows 7,8,10, windows 2008 R2 & 2012, MYSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Mac, LINUX, iOS, Android and Google SUITE.
- Required CISCO Certification.
- Strong TCP\IP skills required.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this monitoring will not be considered. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being monitored or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.