EnCompass LLC is currently seeking an IT Business Analyst (Team Lead) who will lead a team of an IT Consultant and an Evaluation Specialist to review IT systems of a USAID office. This review will inform decisions about the office’s investment in systems and ensure that systems remain both CIO-compliant and accessible to the office’s staff and partners. The review will assess whether existing IT systems appropriately meet current and future needs of the office, evaluate the suitability of IT systems to support the unique needs of the office staff and identify gaps, inefficiencies and more appropriate systems solutions to meet the needs of the office. The review will also provide recommendations to maximize effective use of systems resources.
This is a three-month consultancy position with an approximate commitment of 45 days. This is a remote position.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the IT Consultant to survey the office’s inventory of systems including planning around system life cycles, gaps in documentation, and scalability of systems.
- Review and assess usability, user satisfaction, user capacity, training and support, and demand for improvement in IT systems using key informant interviews, focus groups, facilitated discussions and other data collection methods
- Identify pain points, gaps, and mismatch between office needs and existing systems
- Based on data collected and analysis of the IT consultant, provide recommendations for more appropriate system solutions to meet office needs and maximize the use of system resources
- Translate technical recommendations for non-technical audience
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant discipline including information technology or evaluation with background in information technology assessments
Experience and Skills
- At least seven years of experience in leading and conducting data collection, leading evaluations, team management; experience in facilitating workshops strongly preferred
- At least three years of experience and demonstrated expertise in the assessment of IT systems
- Demonstrated understanding of technical ecosystems, preferably within USG
- Understanding of system project management, business process analysis, user experience, architecture, Agile development and quality assurance strongly preferred
- Understanding of broader information, communications technology for development (ICT4D) industry including the Principles for Digital Development strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding in writing quality reports and translating complex technical topics for non-technical audiences
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter with your application
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.