IT Business Partner Specialist or Senior Associate
The Information Technology Department (ITE) is looking for an experienced professional to work as an IT Business Partner for our internal clients. You will be responsible for identifying and translating business needs into new improvements in the IT services.
The ITE department is responsible for formulating the Bank’s IT Strategy, its implementation and providing related tools, solutions and services. It is also the focal point for all IT services (infrastructure and applications), architecture, policies and security for the IDB.
Our department is made up of six groups, the IT Policy and Planning (IPP) and IT Operations (ITO) divisions and four Business Partners areas that serve as liaison between ITE and all the Bank Operational and Corporate functions to implement solutions for the Bank and the region.
What you’ll do:
· You will coordinate the demand for IT solutions and services emanating from internal client departments. This includes proactively carrying out the analysis, triage and prioritization of such demands and ensuring that value is delivered to the business of the IDB, ensuring that prioritization of demands is supported by sound business cases.
· You will ensure the provision of IT services in line with published SLAs for each service. Monitor attainment of SLA targets for internal clients and organize client review meetings to report on SLAs, handling communication and bringing up incident resolution when needed.
· You will be responsible for identifying and recommending processes improvements to internal clients and coordinate/collaborate across IT suppliers to deliver them.
· You will work on closely with internal clients to acquire, develop and keep current knowledge of businesses, needs, processes, people, customers, partners and strategic goals. Build long term client relationship.
· You will contribute to IDB’s Digital Strategy implementation, providing technical recommendations and representing the needs and strategic priorities of internal clients ensuring that the work of IT is aligned to business priorities and the delivery of business value.
Skills you’ll need:
• You hold a Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Business Administration or another discipline in the field of engineering.
• You have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (6 years preferred) in project management (IT or Business Transformation) and/or IT Management. Proven track record of leading a multicultural and diverse team and leading organizational change. Experience with matrix structure is an advantage
• Past or current Project Management Professional certification is desired
• Strong knowledge IT solutions development lifecycle and knowledge of new technologies (Blockchain, Massive Learning, etc…)
• Prior experience in consulting is highly desirable
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate IT solutions and options to decision-makers.
• Language: You are fluent in English and in one of the other Bank official languages (Portuguese, French or Spanish).
Type of contract: Fixed term staff
Location: Washington, DC
Requirements: You are a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, energy, education, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.