To provide leadership to the World Vision Afghanistan IT department, manage the information technology (IT) process, and provide IT services within the standards, policy and architecture established by the World Vision Partnership and the MEER Region, as well as to plan for future WV Afghanistan Office IT needs.
* Manage a small team of IT staff including specialist, officer and administrator roles.
* Develop and implement a National Office IT strategy and related plans.
* Build capacity of national IT staff. Develop, facilitate, and lead individual and group training exercises for the office staff.
* Manage installation, configuration, and monitoring procedures for the National Office Internet connections.
* Install, configure, and maintain network devices and security for LAN/WAN, internet, wireless, and remote access services, in accordance with the established WVI service level guidelines.
* Create and maintain diagrams and technical documentation to thoroughly and accurately communicate the National Offices’ network and telecommunications environment for the technical professional and end user communities.
* Evaluate and apply computer networking and telecommunications technologies to the National Office LAN/WAN environment.
* Analyze, define, evaluate, and implement tools to improve the quality and effectiveness of monitoring/ administration tasks and to enhance security levels.
* Respond to Customer Service/Helpdesk incident requests in a manner consistent with IT service level guidelines.
* Provide analysis, problem definition, and business solutions for the individual and their specific problems and requests.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot system problems and coordinate with other Partnership IT Specialists or external resources for resolution.
* Perform preventative maintenance on computers, laptops, and printers.
* Coordinate with established vendors for the purchase and repair of computer systems, including personal computers, printers, laptop computers and other peripheral devices (scanners, zip drives, CD-ROMs, etc.)
* Update Capital Asset inventory in the Customer Support Asset tracking database after all new installations and equipment moves.
* Supervise and provide training to the IT Officer.
* Configure and maintain Lotus Notes server connections and replication schedules with World Vision Partnership.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field, or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
* Minimum 3 years experience in management of IT functions and a team of IT professionals.
* Demonstrated capacity building approach to supporting staff development.
* In-depth working knowledge of: network device administration/configuration, network design, client and server operating systems, and application level environments.
* Working knowledge of: personal computers, PC/LAN based systems, and a wide range of computer software products.
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of Windows 2000 server, Cisco routers and firewalls, and MS SQL.
* Lotus Notes database administrator and development skills.
* VSAT Internet technology skills.
* Knowledge of installation and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and software applications.
* Knowledge and understanding of Network topologies.
* Ability to express technically intensive concepts to lay users (verbally and/or in writing) effectively in one-on-one as well as group settings.
* Ability to conduct IT training for end users.
* Ability to ensure high level of quality and customer service.
* Ability to maximize the use of resources to meet standards.
* Ability to facilitate appropriate information flow amongst staff.
* Ability to lead effective long and short-term planning.
* Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
* Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact.
* Culturally sensitive, able to empathise.
* Fully fluent in the English language.
* A committed Christian who is able to provide spiritual leadership to a team.
* Work experience in volatile and conflict-affected context.