PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IT Manager – MENA is responsible for the operational delivery of mission critical business tools to the enterprise within the Middle East and North African region. Key to this role is internal capacity building of staff, including the production of internal training materials and delivery of IT training workshops. In addition, maintaining a robust IT Security Framework is an essential deliverable for the IT Operations Manager and ensuring all systems, sub systems and users are compliant with best practise policy that are defined at the corporate level. This position will report directly to the Corporate Head of IT
- In conjunction with Cloud Service Provider (Extrinsica Global), deliver IT operational capability to all corporate users in the MENA region.
- Create internal and external presentations and training material to build the capacity of staff and other stakeholders.
- Assist in identifying needs for staff training and learning, and prepare and deliver training
- Deliver Cyber Awareness training (working with Head of IT)
- IT Support to all corporate users in conjunction with 3rd party provided service desk
- Install and configure computer operating systems (Windows and Mac) and business critical applications as per corporate IT enrolment policy
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot computer systems, networks (Cisco Meraki Local Area Network) and network devices (printer, scanners, storage)
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Liaise with Cloud Service Provider (Extrinsica Global) and local service providers on provision and acquisition of IT equipment (in support of Procurement dept).
- Over 10 years progressive IT experience, gained in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Professional qualification such as Microsoft Certified Software Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Degree level education in relevant IT field (desirable but not essential)
- CompTIA A+ (desirable)
- CompTIA Security+ (desirable)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft and Mac based operating systems
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Office365, SharePoint
- Good working knowledge of networking (CCNA qualification desirable but not essential)
- Excellent personal management qualities (time, task, prioritisation)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Presentation and Training skills.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘IT Manager - MENA’ on the subject line, explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for ARK, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the specification
About the Organization
ARK is a research, conflict transformation and stabilisation consultancy that supports local communities in conflict and fragile areas. We believe that international stability, national security, community safety and individual empowerment are intrinsically linked.
As a team at ARK, we partner with local stakeholders to provide insight and develop programmes that are of immediate, tangible assistance to conflict-affected communities. Many of our staff are drawn from partner communities, hence ARK’s commitment to and understanding of conflict zones. ARK has ongoing programming in communities across the Middle East.