The part-time IT Coordinator plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to PCI’s information technology systems. Under general direction, the role is primarily responsible for IT Procurement and Billing activities. This position will be based in San Diego, CA and will be part-time (approximately 15-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule). This position will start ASAP and go through Septembere 30, 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform duties working within the parameters of existing Procurement and IT Processes
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware
- Process approved orders, assuring required approvals and documentation is completed
- Process invoices for payment
- Obtain appropriate approvals and prepare monthly reconciliation reports
- Coordinate with IT & Finance departments to improve and automate processes
- Track asset information for equipment, software, subscriptions and licenses
- Resolve license and subscription questions and issues. May assist with assignments (depending on experience)
- Track expenditures and assist with budget reconciliation and forecasting
- Report on the above, specifically with regards to assets and financial compliance
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience. Minimum of 4 years of applicable experience
- Procurement and billing or related financial experience
- Familiarity with SaaS and basic IT inter-departmental activities
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation, selection and procurement
- Advanced user-level hardware and software skills including Microsoft Windows 7 or 10, Microsoft Office 2010; specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication required both in person and remote via video conferencing, text and telephone
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technological periodicals, procedures, and journals
- Ability to perform independent analysis and research of various technologies
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
- Office 365 and SharePoint
- Non-Profit IT
- Business Analysis
- Foreign language skills (preferably Spanish)
- Skype or Zoom conferencing
About the Organization
PCI’s mission is to empower people to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship.
The most vulnerable people in the world will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
In 1961, a young doctor from San Diego volunteering at a Tijuana clinic saved the lives of two small children who were dying of pneumonia. This experience led Dr. James Turpin to found PCI and forever change the lives of millions of children and families around the world by providing health and hope to those most in need. Since then, the focus of the organization has remained true to its founder: PCI works in vulnerable communities to improve health and create long-term change by helping people help themselves. For 50 years, thousands of dedicated individuals and groups have worked to make this vision a reality.