Chemonics seeks an information technology (IT) specialist for a DFID-funded education program under ISD. Turkish nationals are encouraged to apply.
The IT specialist will manage the office’s IT infrastructure, conduct digital security training for staff and downstream partners, and provide end user support on basic IT issues for the program team; ensure that IT systems confirm to the program standards, including digital and operational security, meet interoperability/user experience guidelines; and, as needed, initiate integration with other systems. The IT specialist will support the upkeep, tracking, and maintenance of IT equipment. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Respond to staff inquiries and requests as a first line of technical support, gathering information to resolve problems and arranging for additional technical support if and as needed, in coordination with the operations, finance, and human resources lead
• Manage user permissions and other IT resources usage
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware, connectivity, and software issues
• Map new staff computers to and train staff on multifunction laser printer
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention and inform management of recurring problems and recommend solutions
• Train new staff on digital and operational security policies and procedures, and provide ongoing refresher training to staff
• Provide digital security training for all downstream partners as part of kickoff meetings
• Set up and support IT and alarm systems at expatriate staff’s residences to enable remote work and home security
• Oversee office alarm system and serve as a co-liaison to camera and alarm system vendors regarding procurement and inventory
• Support the logistics and inventory assistant in maintaining inventory list for IT equipment and that all end users are recorded in compliance with donor rules and regulations
• Provide guidance to staff in developing specifications for IT-related supplies or equipment that will be procured for program activities
• Ensure availability of necessary computer hardware and parts, diagnostic and repair equipment, and general maintenance supplies for the field office, coordinating as needed with the home office
• Upon staff departures, securely sanitize all IT equipment and phones
• Adhere to Chemonics’ professional code of ethics
• High school diploma required; university degree preferred
• Minimum three years of experience working with IT
• Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members; visitors; partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, and support organizations; and the general public
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment that reflects positively on the team
• Experience working with international organizations preferred
• Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter email@example.com , with the position title in the subject line, by December 18th, 2019.