Palladium’s Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) provides humanitarian and stabilisation services worldwide in support of the Department for International Development (DFID) and the Stabilisation Unit (SU). The Operations Director supporting the SU leads the HSOT service to the SU.
This role is working within the HSOT team to support with the roll out of the Humanitarian Emergency Response Management Information System (HERMIS). This is an excellent opportunity for candidate with strong IT skills, change management experience and strong client management skills.
The IT System Manager is responsible for driving and supporting the adoption of HERMIS by HSOT and the client., providing user support and managing future system changes with the developers.
The primary responsibilities of the IT Systems Manager are to:
* Supporting the roll out of programme specific IT systems for recruitment, personnel management, deployments, procurement and logistics, monitoring and evaluation, and the early warning and response information systems.
* Supporting the development of specifications for future changes, and managing the change process with the developers.
* Providing first line user support.
* Liaising with external suppliers where second line support is required.
* Monitoring external suppliers in relation to the performance of their service level agreements.
* Monitoring data integrity across all systems and initiating and monitoring remedial action with users.
* Managing user access, system permissions and system workflows
* Working closely with the team ensuring that they understand and use the system effectively
* Ensuring that the system is rolled out as required and upgrading the system as and when required
As an IT systems Manager you will be reporting to the Programme Leadership.
Candidates must have
* Relevant experience and qualifications
* Experience with database management, including user administration
* Experience with SSRS reporting
* Experience with user training and technical support
* Procurement and logistics applications,
* Advanced skills in MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau
* Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
* Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams
* Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
* The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
* The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
* Developing and using collaborative relationships.
* Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation’s success.
* The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.