Join one of the largest Ruby on Rails (RoR) projects in Southeast Asia for professional networking and business information sourcing in international development!
Devex is the leading source of business intelligence in the international development sector. We serve more than 400,000 international development professionals around the world. Much of our business in conducted online, and we have offices in Washington DC, Barcelona, Tokyo, and Manila. In general, the capabilities we seek include strong interpersonal skills, knowledge and experience with online applications and e-commerce, international development and international affairs expertise, and excellent academic credentials. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate initiative and drive, as well as potential for leadership and management roles.
- Participate actively in agile web development lifecycle (planning, coding, testing and post production debugging)
- Execute spec requirements and support with tests
- Deliver assignments required per quarter
- Maintain and refactor application code as needed
- Actively contribute new technology and knowledge to the growth of the team
- Experienced working professionally on a Ruby on Rails application. A production site would be a bonus, personal development would be considered.
- Has at least 1-3 years’ experience in software development for the junior developer post and 4 years and up for the senior developer post
- Working knowledge in database design, SQL operations
- Must have experience in test driven development. Cucumber, rspec and/or Rails unit testing is a plus.
- Must be able to work in an agile team with minimal supervision
- Must be goal oriented and self-driven
- Must be schedule conscious and a team player
Interview invitations and status updates may be sent via email so please check your email regularly. Only shortlisted candidates will be sent invitations and status updates. To be considered, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. To best assess your skills and job fit, we encourage you to send your cover letter.