Project title: EU-Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility
The overall objective of this action is to contribute to strengthening and further enlarging the strategic partnership between the EU and Canada.
Its specific objectives are to support dialogue in specific priority areas (see footnote 1) and to support the implementation of the EU-Canada SPA and, where appropriate, CETA, but also other relevant agreements concluded between the EU and the Canadian Government.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
To provide the EU and Canada with adequate, timely and professionally competent technical assistance for the implementation of the “EU- Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility”, through consultancy in specialized areas and logistics support, ensuring that activities are programmed and implemented in an efficient and effective manner and that foreseen results are achieved contributing to the realization of the overall objective.
The expected results of the project are:
- Good implementation of the project, including a mechanism for monitoring, data management and communication, that allows monitoring the progress of the initiatives undertaken under this project and disseminating relevant information about the relevant sectoral dialogues as appropriate and in coordination with the lead institutional services.
- Preparation of a set of relevant thematic studies for the dialogues.
- Provision of technical assistance and advice to high-level institutional partners involved in the sectoral dialogues.
- The organization of a set of events - conferences, seminars, workshops meetings, missions, technical visits and other measures of institutional exchange involving European and Canadian partners, relevant to the sectoral dialogues.
- Sound and efficient administration processes and good project management.
- The meaningful participation of women, men and youth is ensured.
Commencement date of the project: February 2019
Duration of the project: 36 months
Scope of work
The Key expert 2 will have the responsibility to support the Team Leader in the implementation of the project including drafting specific ToR for the action, facilitating exchanges among different EU and Canadian stakeholders, and support the PCU in the administrative tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree, with at least a postgraduate degree (or equivalent)in areas relevant to the job (i.e. International Relation, Political Sciences, Economics, Law);
- Good communication and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Strong analytical skill and computer literacy.
General professional experience
- Preferably 5 years of general professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of working in project management and implementation.
Specific professional experience
- Working experience international cooperation projects in Canada is an advantage.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org