IBTCI is seeking a Junior Finance Professional for a potential award to provide Local Fund Agent (LFA) services in Somalia, funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM). The purpose of this LFA will be to verify selected activities funded by the GFATM grants, particularly in hard-to-reach areas, and to provide the Global Fund Community Team with specific in-country data and assurance services. The services are expected to include data quality reviews, distribution spot checks, ad-hoc procurement and supply management reviews, assessments of District Health Information System (DHIS2), assessments of retention of clients on ART, and assessments of HIV program data management tools.
The LFA activities are expected to occur during the last six months of 2018 with the option to be extended.
Scope of Work:
Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
- Review and analyze financial management systems, internal controls, and financial processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Review and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, and audit reports; and
- Provide other technical and contextual guidance and support, as required.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients. This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product. While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a financial role;
- Citizen or resident of Somalia; and
- Good working knowledge of Somali or other local language(s).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-qualification experience related to:
- financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyze accounting transactions;
- reviewing and negotiating budgets;
- financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
- review of financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements);
- review and interpretation of audit report;
- Good written and spoken English; and
- Knowledge of and access to Central-South, Somaliland, and/or Puntland regions.
Education: Internationally-recognized professional finance or accounting qualification (e.g. ICMA, CPA, CMA, FEE, etc.). A professionally-recognized graduate degree in finance/accounting with appropriate experience may be considered as well.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Travel: Travel may be required for various activities. Candidates based in South-Central, Somaliland, or Puntland would be an asset.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.