Junior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism Services (MMEMS), Maputo, Mozambique
The Mozambique Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Services (MMEMS) team provides on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, gender, impact evaluation, output, and environmental compliance, and collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) assistance to USAID/Mozambique. The MMEMS main office is in Maputo, with field offices in Quelimane and Nampula.
**Please note: Only Mozambican citizens are eligible for this position**
Reporting to the Senior Monitoring Officer, Senior Evaluation Officer and Deputy Chief of Party, they will work collaboratively as part of the MMEMS team to deliver high quality M&E support to USAID/Mozambique. In support of the goal and objectives of the project, the Jr. MEL specialist will assist with data collection, aggregation, analysis, reporting, M&E training, assessments and evaluations across a diverse set of programming in the health, agriculture, education and governance sectors.
- Provide support for performance monitoring design and implementation, including data collection and analysis
- Provide expertise and support for the design and management of indicators, MEL plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection and analytical tools, and reports
- Support the creation and management of performance indicator tracking systems/ databases, such as DevResults
- Support the inclusion of gender dimensions in all monitoring efforts
- Support MMEMS efforts to promote opportunities for Collaboration Learning and Adapting (CLA) within USAID and among its stakeholders
- Remain current on USG performance monitoring polices and ensure their application
- Support MEL training and one-on-one capacity building for USAID and IP staff, as requested by the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation officers
- Support the use of technological innovations when conducting monitoring, such as tablets, smartphones, etc
- Support the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as a monitoring tool
- Help organize and support M&E communities of practice with USAID
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations carried out by the MMEMS team and its partners
- Conduct all work professionally and ethically while collaborating effectively with MMEMS team members in a cohesive, positive working environment
- Assist with completing other tasks, in other areas to balance workloads, such as support editing English documents, compiling reporting documents, etc., when needed
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of international relations, economics, political science, public policy, management, and/or other relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least three years of experience working on donor-funded mechanisms
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of monitoring, evaluation, and performance management
- Experience with creating and managing performance tracking systems
- Experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management
- Experience in the gender dimensions of monitoring and evaluation
- Extensive experience in report writing and strong communication skills
- Extensive experience in providing quality report and evaluation presentations
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG policies related to evaluation and performance management
- Professional working knowledge of English; fluency in Portuguese
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.