For the project “Consulting Services to prepare a Feasibility Study / Implementation Framework for the “Green City Pilot” project in Kigali” we are searching for a Junior Project Manager / Communication Officer.
The Junior Project Manager / Communications Officer will offer project management and communication support to the Green City Pilot Project Office. The tasks and responsibilities are equally divided in project management related tasks and communications work. He/she will assist and work under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and guided by the overall Team Leader.
Location: Green City Pilot Project Office at KBC, Kigali
Contract type: limited contract, full-time
Period: from 01 June 2019 to 31 December 2019
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Junior Project Manager / Communications Officer include:
Project Management (50%)
- Assist the Project Manager in the overall implementation of various projects
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring the activities and inputs of the consultants
- Support planning and organization of workshops, events and meetings
- Assist the Project Manager in reporting activities; take minutes of project meetings and workshops; assist the Project Team in compiling monthly reports to the client
- Support the design and implementation of knowledge management and capacity building activities and partnerships, including the implementation of a summer school program, a university collaboration, and the development of relevant training modules for the course
- Support the coordination and implementation of an international design competition; incl. recording of submissions, correspondence with applicants and jury members, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken
- Support strategic partnerships, incl. the development of a children’s book in collaboration with a publishing house
- Administer and update the project budget; keep track of the consultant’s time frames
- Assist in preparation of briefings and presentation materials
- Assist in preparing technical inputs such as drafting speaking points, Terms of References, Concept Notes etc.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of PR and social media activities
- Prepare and edit communication materials such as press releases, press kits, fact sheets, briefing notes, talking points, marketing texts
- Write and edit journalistically appealing texts for the Green City Pilot website
- Develop, write and publish blogposts for the website
- Prepare content management plan for social media accounts
- Maintain the Green City pilot website and social media sites, including daily monitoring, posting and content development
- Develop, design and write a monthly newsletter to be disseminated to key stakeholders
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the communication strategy and plan
- Maintain a library of media coverage (press clippings)
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations and/or business administration, project management or a related field
- At least 2 years of working experience in communications and marketing or public relations
- Experience in designing, editing and producing communication materials, especially press releases and texts for digital media
- Demonstrated social media experience
- Project management experience is considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral English and communication skills, proficiency in German is an added advantage.
If you think you fulfill the above-mentioned requirements we would appreciate receiving your CV/Application at your earliest convenience.
About the Organization
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work results in sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 14,500 employees in 15 countries, we offer our customers the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is Europe’s leading architecture and engineering consultancy, with sales of approximately EUR 1.7 billion. The company is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm AB.
Sweco – Your Reliable Partner
Sweco is one of the leading engineering consultants in Germany. For over 50 years, we have been a reliable partner in national and international projects, providing high-quality design and consultancy services in the three business lines Planning & Design, Transport & Mobility, Water & Energy. 800 experts in more than 30 local offices all over Germany are at your service.
We provide cost-effective and sustainable solutions for complex issues along all project phases. Our core competencies are advisory services, design, planning, management, supervision, and moderation of complex projects.